Mix well and store in a tightly closed container. If it clumps just chop it up, or if you wish, spread it on a baking sheet and put it in a 250°F oven for 15 minutes to drive off moisture. No hotter or the sugar can burn.
Massage the rub into the meat at least an hour before cooking. Two to three hours is better.
This is a sweet rub. If you foil your ribs try using agave nectar & a spicy sauce in the foil to balance the flavors.
• 2/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
• 2/3 cup white sugar
• 1/2 cup smoked paprika
• 1/4 cup kosher salt
• 1/4 cup garlic powder
• 2 tablespoons onion powder
• 2 tablespoons ground ginger powder
• 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper